I received a software update notification on my BlackBerry Z30 this morning. It stated the update version as 10.2.0.429, a small 95 MB download. Initiating the download, the phone indicated that a Wifi connection was required, so you need to bear that in mind.
95 MB + 780 MB
When I initiated the update, the 95 MB download was completed and installed, then another download – a huge 780 MB – was automatically initiated. Yes; 780 MB. Please don’t ask me. The entire update process lasted till 6.30 pm. I don’t remember the exact time I initiated it, but that should be around 1 pm.
Details of what the update brings to the table are not available now, but I immediately saw that BBM, Calendar and Contacts now have the option of a dark theme. Unfortunately, Blackberry Hub didn’t get that option. That would have been nice. I will update with anything else that I find later.
It appears that this update is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices, so if you own one, you can expect it too. Just don’t be fooled by the 95 MB you are initially presented with. The entire update combined is 875 MB.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Using Mobile
- Microsoft replaces Nokia Store with Opera Mobile Store in Nokia-branded phones - November 19, 2014
- Nokia can’t make smartphones until 2016, but they can do tablets. So, they made the N1 - November 18, 2014
- True Story: Nokia N8 kickstarted his professional career in photography - November 17, 2014
- BlackBerry 2004 meets 2014: 7290 versus Passport - November 15, 2014
- Even Governor Fashola is smitten with the selfie bug - November 14, 2014
- Why NaijaBature rocks the Gionee M2 - November 14, 2014
- Introducing Movie Creator app for Windows smartphones - November 13, 2014
- Finally, BlackBerry makes a really good cameraphone - November 13, 2014
- SOLO Music updated to version 2.0 - November 12, 2014
- One useful feature that I really need from WhatsApp (and BBM too) - November 11, 2014