I use the official Twitter for Android app as my preferred Twitter app on all droids that I get to use. However, I notice that there is the sentiment in certain quarters that it is rubbish. I am not sure what to make of that. I have used other 3rd party apps – Tweetcaster and Tweet Lanes being my favourites, but keep returning to Twitter for Android. Someone just recommended that I give Plume a try. Being the adventurer, I shall.
But back to the official Twitter for Android app. It handles my notifications well, lets me tweet and attach media and my location, quote tweets, retweet, follow my interaction and mentions, search, manage lists, as well as manage DMs. I can also edit my profile from there, as well as block and report SPAM. The only useful feature that I find missing is the ability to mute.
If you have used Twitter for Android, do you think that it is rubbish? If so, in what way?
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Forget apps. Here is the problem with Windows Phone - December 27, 2014
- Nokia-branded Android phone on the way? - December 23, 2014
- Tip: If you want to roam data when travelling… - December 22, 2014
- Photos: Infinix Hot X507 in the Arena - December 20, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: The Keyboard - December 20, 2014
- If marathon battery life is key, try these brands.. - December 20, 2014
- Three things the new Mtel can do right away - December 20, 2014
- Stickers, stickers, stickers everywhere!! - December 20, 2014
- 2014 flagships comparison – Lumia 930, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6 - December 19, 2014
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014