If you are a Windows Phone 7 device user, it will interest you to know that Microsoft has resumed Windows Phone 7.8 updates after the process was paused recently because of an issue with Live Tile updates on some devices. My Nokia Lumia 610 had been earlier updated to Windows Phone 7.8 and had software version 7.10.8858.136. When I plugged it into a PC earlier today, I got a software update notification for version 7.10.8860.142. After completing that, there was another update notification waiting for me, which bumped the device to version 7.10.8862.144.
After that, Zune told me my device is up-to-date, so Windows Phone version 7.10.8862.144 seems to be the most up-to-date software for Windows Phone 7 smartphones. I haven’t fooled around with Live Tiles on my 610 since the update, but I intend to and see if anything has changed.
Anyway, if you have a Windows Phone 7 device, hook it up to Zune on a PC for your update(s). Cheers.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Using Mobile
- Microsoft replaces Nokia Store with Opera Mobile Store in Nokia-branded phones - November 19, 2014
- Nokia can’t make smartphones until 2016, but they can do tablets. So, they made the N1 - November 18, 2014
- True Story: Nokia N8 kickstarted his professional career in photography - November 17, 2014
- BlackBerry 2004 meets 2014: 7290 versus Passport - November 15, 2014
- Even Governor Fashola is smitten with the selfie bug - November 14, 2014
- Why NaijaBature rocks the Gionee M2 - November 14, 2014
- Introducing Movie Creator app for Windows smartphones - November 13, 2014
- Finally, BlackBerry makes a really good cameraphone - November 13, 2014
- SOLO Music updated to version 2.0 - November 12, 2014
- One useful feature that I really need from WhatsApp (and BBM too) - November 11, 2014