If you are a Windows Phone 7 device user, it will interest you to know that Microsoft has resumed Windows Phone 7.8 updates after the process was paused recently because of an issue with Live Tile updates on some devices. My Nokia Lumia 610 had been earlier updated to Windows Phone 7.8 and had software version 7.10.8858.136. When I plugged it into a PC earlier today, I got a software update notification for version 7.10.8860.142. After completing that, there was another update notification waiting for me, which bumped the device to version 7.10.8862.144.
After that, Zune told me my device is up-to-date, so Windows Phone version 7.10.8862.144 seems to be the most up-to-date software for Windows Phone 7 smartphones. I haven’t fooled around with Live Tiles on my 610 since the update, but I intend to and see if anything has changed.
Anyway, if you have a Windows Phone 7 device, hook it up to Zune on a PC for your update(s). Cheers.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Nokia-branded Android phone on the way? - December 23, 2014
- Tip: If you want to roam data when travelling… - December 22, 2014
- Photos: Infinix Hot X507 in the Arena - December 20, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: The Keyboard - December 20, 2014
- If marathon battery life is key, try these brands.. - December 20, 2014
- Three things the new Mtel can do right away - December 20, 2014
- Stickers, stickers, stickers everywhere!! - December 20, 2014
- 2014 flagships comparison – Lumia 930, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6 - December 19, 2014
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014